Smoking Jalapeno Poppers is a great way to enjoy the flavor of jalapenos without the spicy heat. The smoked flavor of the jalapeno is mellowed out by the smoking process, leaving behind a delicious, smoky flavor. Jalapeno poppers are easy to make and can be made ahead of time and frozen for later.
Jalapeno poppers are a type of appetizer that is typically made by wrapping a jalapeno pepper with cream cheese and bacon, then breading and deep-frying it. They can also be baked instead of fried. Jalapeno poppers are a popular party food and are often served with ranch dressing or dipping sauce.
How to make Smoking Jalapeno Poppers?
If you’re looking for a new, delicious way to spice up your life, look no further than Smoking Jalapeno Poppers! These little bites are packed with flavor and heat, and they’re sure to become your new favorite snack.
To make Smoking Jalapeno Poppers, you’ll need about 24 fresh jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, and toothpicks. Start by cutting the jalapenos in half lengthwise and removing the seeds. Then, fill each pepper half with cream cheese. Wrap a piece of bacon around each pepper half, and secure it with a toothpick.
Place the peppers on your smoker grate, and smoke them at 225 degrees Fahrenheit until the bacon is cooked through. This will take about 2 hours. Once they’re done, remove them from the smoker and enjoy!
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- about 24 jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half and remove the seeds.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, prepared horseradish, and pepper.
- Coat and fill the jalapeno poppers in the cream cheese mixture. Then wrap the bacon around the pepper half.
- Place the jalapeno poppers in the smoker.
- Smoke for 1 - 2 hours on each side until the bacon is cooked through or golden brown.
- Serve hot!
- Start with fresh jalapeños. Look for peppers that are bright green and have firm flesh. Avoid peppers that are soft or have wrinkled skin.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. This will help reduce the heat of the peppers.
- Fill the pepper halves with your favorite cheese blend. We like a mix of cheddar and cream cheese, but you can use whatever you like best.
- Wrap each pepper half in bacon, using toothpicks to secure the bacon if needed.
- Calories: 66
- Total Fat: 3.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 192 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 2 grams
Smoking Jalapeno Poppers are an excellent way to enjoy a spicy appetizer without all of the added fat.
Read more related posts:
FAQs about Smoking Jalapeno Poppers
> Want to know more? Watch this video here to get an overview of the Smoking Jalapeno Poppers Recipe: