Smoked Beef Short Ribs are the perfect way to impress your guests at your next backyard barbecue. These succulent ribs are rubbed with a spice blend, then smoked low and slow over hickory wood chips. The result is tender, juicy meat that falls off the bone. Your friends and family will be begging you for the recipe.
What are Beef Short Ribs?
Beef short ribs are a type of meat that comes from the cow’s rib cage. They are typically cut into individual ribs, which makes them ideal for cooking on the grill or in the oven. Short ribs are known for their rich flavor and tender texture. When cooked properly, they can be melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
How to Smoke Beef Short Ribs
Smoking beef short ribs is a process of cooking the meat over low, smoldering heat. This method of cooking impart flavors from the wood chips that are used to smoke the meat. It also results in tender, juicy ribs that are full of flavor.
To smoke beef short ribs, you will need a smoker or a grill that has been fitted with a smoking box. You will also need hickory wood chips.
To prepare the ribs, rub them with a spice blend of your choice. Then, place them in the smoker or grill and smoke for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is cooked through.
Once the ribs are cooked, remove them from the smoker or grill and allow them to rest for a few minutes. Then, dig in and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a delicious way to impress your guests at your next barbecue, look no further than smoked beef short ribs. Tender, juicy, and full of flavor, these ribs will have everyone asking for the recipe. So fire up your smoker or grill and get cooking!
- 4 to 6 beef short ribs
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green bell peppers, diced
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Mix together the apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the short ribs in a large zip-top bag and pour the vinegar mixture over them. Seal the bag and massage the short ribs for two minutes to evenly distribute the marinade.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Place the short ribs onto a grill or smoker rack and smoke for 3 hours or until they reach an internal temperature of 125 degrees F.
- Add the sauce right on top of all the ribs. Let the smoked beef short ribs cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Start by prepping your smoker. You'll need to get it nice and hot before adding the beef short ribs. Otherwise, they won't cook properly.
- Once the smoker is hot enough, add the beef short ribs and let them cook for 3-4 hours.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the temperature of the smoker throughout cooking. You'll need to adjust it as necessary to ensure that the beef short ribs are cooked through without being overcooked or burnt.
- Serving size: 1 rib
- Calories: 322
- Total fat: 37 g
- Saturated fat: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 158 mg
- Sodium: 1,169 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Protein: 34 g
Read more related posts:
FAQs about Smoked Beef Short Ribs
Smoked beef short ribs are a great way to add some flavor to your next meal. They’re easy to make and can be cooked in a variety of ways. Be sure to give them a try the next time you’re looking for something new to cook!
> Get to know more? Watch this video here to get more detail about the Smoked Beef Short Ribs Recipe: