As you know, the best salads always have a balance of flavors and textures, and this Ruby Tuesday broccoli salad recipe is no exception. With savory bacon, chewy cranberries, and crispy almonds, it’s sure to become a summer favorite! Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for potlucks or picnics. Are you ready to give it a try? Keep reading for the recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Ruby Tuesday broccoli salad:
– Large bowl
– Measuring cups and spoons
– Chopsticks or a similar tool (optional)
– Airtight container (optional)
Mayonnaise: You can use store-bought mayonnaise or make your own.
Vinegar: White vinegar is what I used, but you could also use apple cider vinegar or another type of vinegar.
Sugar: you could also use honey, agave nectar, or another type of sugar.
Salt: I used kosher salt, but you could also use sea salt, table salt, or another type of salt.
Pepper: I used freshly ground black pepper, but you could also use ground white pepper or another type of pepper.
Raisins: You could also use dried cranberries, cherries, or apricots.
Sunflower seeds: You could also use pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, or chopped nuts.
Cheese: I used cheddar cheese, but you could also use Swiss cheese, mozzarella cheese, or another type of cheese.
Red onion: You could also use green onion or white onion.
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
1. Cut broccoli florets and wash them in cold water.
2. Make your dressing by combining mayonnaise, granulated sugar, and apple cider vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine then set the dressing aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine your washed and dried broccoli florets, along with bacon bits, nuts, dried raisin, chopped red onion, sunflower seeds, and freshly shredded cheddar cheese. Fold ingredients together to combine. Then add your dressing and stir until everything is coated.
4. Place the broccoli mixture into the fridge and allow to chill for one hour.
5. Remove the broccoli mixture from the fridge and add a few additional toppings of shredded cheese, sunflower seeds, and bacon bits. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe notes and helpful tips
– If you’re not a fan of broccoli, you can substitute with another type of vegetable. Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and kale all work well in this salad.
– To save time, you can buy pre-chopped broccoli or use frozen broccoli florets.
– For a little bit of crunch, you can add crumbled bacon or chopped nuts to the salad.
– This salad is best when made ahead of time so the flavors have a chance to meld together. However, it will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
– If you’re taking this salad to a potluck or picnic, transport it in an airtight container.
– If you want a Creamier Broccoli Salad, you can add in an extra 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
– For a Low-Fat Broccoli Salad, use fat-free mayonnaise and substitute Greek yogurt for the regular mayonnaise. You can also use low-fat cheese and omit the bacon.
– For a Dairy-Free Broccoli Salad, use a vegan mayonnaise and omit the cheese. You can also substitute chopped nuts for the cheese.
– With a Gluten-Free Broccoli Salad, use gluten-free ingredients and omit the bacon. You can also substitute chopped nuts for the bacon.
If you’re looking for a healthier option, this salad is also low in calories and fat. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!
How do you store Ruby Tuesday broccoli salad?
This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze broccoli salad?
Yes, you can freeze broccoli salad. However, the mayonnaise will separate when thawed, so it’s not the best option if you’re looking for pretty presentation. If you don’t mind that, then go ahead and freeze it! Just place the salad in a freezer-safe container and store it.
Is broccoli low-carb?
Yes, broccoli is a low-carbohydrate food. One cup of broccoli contains about 6 grams of carbs.
Is Ruby Tuesday broccoli salad healthy?
This salad is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It’s also low in calories and fat. So, yes, this salad is considered to be healthy.
What goes well with broccoli salad?
This salad is perfect for potlucks, picnics, and BBQs. This salad goes well with grilled chicken or fish. It’s also a great side dish for burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches.
>> Read more:
I hope you enjoy this Ruby Tuesday Broccoli Salad Recipe! If you try it, let me know how you liked it in the comments below. And if you’re looking for more recipes, be sure to check out my blog for other great options. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!