Looking for a delicious dessert to make this fall? Then you have to try this Pumpkin Roll Recipe! This scrumptious treat is perfect for any occasion, and it’s sure to please everyone’s taste buds. Made with fresh pumpkin puree, cream cheese filling, and a hint of spices, this Pumpkin Roll is simply irresistible. So don’t wait any longer, get the recipe now and start baking!
What Is A Pumpkin Roll?
A pumpkin roll is a type of cake that is made with a light and airy sponge cake, filled with a creamy pumpkin filling. The cake is then rolled up and sliced into individual pieces. The cake is usually flavored with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and the filling is typically made from pumpkin puree, cream cheese, and sugar.
Pumpkin rolls are often served during the fall and winter months, and they make an excellent dessert for holiday parties and gatherings, but they can also be enjoyed year-round.
While they may take some time to prepare, pumpkin rolls are well worth the effort. Their unique flavor and texture make them a truly special treat.
>> You might also like:
Pumpkin Roll: A Perfect Dessert Everyone Wish For
There’s nothing like a big slice of pumpkin roll to get you into the holiday spirit! This classic dessert is made with a soft and fluffy cinnamon-spiced cake, rolled up around a creamy cream cheese filling. It’s then dusted with powdered sugar and served cold, making it the perfect treat for any fall or winter gathering. While it may seem daunting to make at home, pumpkin roll is actually quite easy to prepare. With just a few simple ingredients and a little time, you can have this delicious dessert on your table in no time.
Pumpkin Roll: How To Make?
Making a pumpkin roll may seem like a difficult task, but it’s actually quite simple. The most important part is to make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature before you begin, as this will ensure that the cake rolls up evenly.
First, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat it with non-stick cooking spray. Next, in a large bowl, combine the following ingredients:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
Now, in another bowl, whisk together the following:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Once the ingredients are combined, slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until everything is well combined.
Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it into an even layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the cake is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, place a sheet of wax paper on top of the cake and flip it over so that the bottom is now facing up. Carefully peel off the parchment paper and discard it.
Roll the cake up from one of the short ends, using the wax paper to help you. Once it’s rolled up, wrap the cake in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or overnight.
When you’re ready to serve the cake, remove it from the refrigerator and unroll it. Spread a generous layer of cream cheese filling over the cake, then re-roll it. Dust the cake with powdered sugar and slice into pieces. Serve cold and enjoy!
- 1 cup (250 ml) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces (225 grams) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) milk
- 1/4 teaspon of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Beat in eggs until mixture is smooth. Stir in flour and baking powder. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove cake from oven, and while still hot, roll cake up with a towel that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Cool cake.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and milk. Spread over the inside of the cooled cake that has been unrolled.
- Roll cake back up, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- Be sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- If you want an extra special touch, try drizzling a little bit of melted chocolate over the top of the cake before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 437 calories
- Fat: 20 grams
- Saturated Fat: 11 grams
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
- Sodium: 359 mg
- Potassium: 332 mg
- Carbohydrates: 58 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Sugar: 42 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
>> Mouthwatering with this recipe yet? You just need to watch this tutorial video here to get this dish goes on well!
Tips From Liliana Kitchen
- Don’t have time to make your own cream cheese filling? You can use a store-bought variety instead. Simply spread it over the unrolled cake, then re-roll and refrigerate as directed.
- The cake can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it. Cake can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- For a chocolate version of this cake, simply add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of cocoa powder to the batter.
- You can also use a store-bought vanilla frosting in place of the cream cheese filling. Simply spread it over the unrolled cake, then re-roll and refrigerate as directed.
- If you want a really indulgent treat, try drizzling a little bit of caramel or chocolate sauce over the top of the cake before slicing and serving. Yum!
- If you want to dress up this cake for a special occasion, try topping it with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or even a sprinkling of chopped nuts.
How To Prevent Cracking?
If you’re worried about your cake cracking, don’t be! There are a few things you can do to prevent it.
First, make sure that your ingredients are all at room temperature before you start baking. Room-temperature ingredients mix together more easily and produce a more consistent batter.
Second, be careful not to overmix the batter. Stir just until everything is combined, then stop. Overmixing can cause the cake to be tough and lead to cracking.
Finally, make sure to bake the cake until it’s just set. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached. If it comes out wet, the cake is not done and is likely to crack.
If you follow these tips, your cake should be perfectly smooth and crack-free!
How To Store Pumpkin Roll?
Pumpkin rolls can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.
FAQs About Pumpkin Roll Recipe
Why does my pumpkin roll crack?
There are a few reasons why pumpkin rolls might crack. One possibility is that the batter was overmixed. Another possibility is that the cake was overcooked. Be sure to follow the recipe carefully and bake the cake until it’s just set in the center to prevent cracking.
How can I prevent my pumpkin roll from sticking to the towel?
The key is to make sure that the towel is completely dry and free of any lumps or bumps. Another possibility is to use a clean, dry dishcloth instead of a towel.
My pumpkin roll is stuck to the pan! What should I do?
If your pumpkin roll is stuck to the pan, don’t panic! Simply run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake, then carefully turn it out onto a clean, dry towel. Gently peel away the parchment paper, then re-roll the cake and refrigerate as directed.
My pumpkin roll is too dry! What can I do?
If your pumpkin roll is too dry, there are a few things you can do to rescue it. First, try drizzling a little bit of milk or cream over the top of the cake. You can also try spreading a thin layer of frosting or jam over the cake. These added moisture will help to moisten the cake and make it more palatable.
How do you roll a pumpkin roll without cracking it?
The key is to roll the cake while it’s still warm. As the cake cools, it will become more difficult to roll and is more likely to crack. So, be sure to roll the cake while it’s still warm and pliable.
How do you roll a towel into a pumpkin roll?
To roll a towel into a pumpkin roll, first, make sure that the towel is completely dry. Then, fold the towel in half lengthwise. Next, roll the towel up from one end to the other, making sure to keep it tight as you go. Finally, tuck the ends of the towel under the roll to secure it.
How long is pumpkin roll good for in the fridge?
A pumpkin roll is best eaten within 3-5 days. After that, the cake will begin to dry out and lose its flavor.
Pumpkin roll is a delicious and festive fall dessert. It’s easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Be sure to follow the tips in this article to prevent your cake from cracking and to ensure that it rolls up perfectly!
And in case you don’t mind updating your recipe arsenal with brand-new ones, why not take your time and land a visit at Liliana Kitchen for more up-to-come food content that is always published to ease your hunger for now?