You are looking for a delicious and easy meal idea? Check out these pulled pork street tacos! This recipe is simple to follow and perfect for a summer party or casual get-together. Plus, the pork can be cooked in the slow cooker, so it’s practically effortless. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How good are pulled pork street tacos?
So good you might just pull your pork off! Our succulent, slow-cooked pork is nestled in a warm tortilla and topped with zesty salsa, cool sour cream, and freshly shredded cheese. One bite and you’ll be hooked on these street tacos!
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cubes and oil; cook for 6 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove pork from pan; set aside.
3. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the pan; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, tomato paste, honey, and vinegar. Return pork to pan.
4. Bring to a simmer; cover and bake for 30 minutes or until pork is very tender.
5. Remove pork from pan; shred with a fork. Return pork to pan.
6. Add black beans to pork mixture; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
7. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
8. Spoon pork mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place 2 tacos on each of 4 plates.
9. Top with salsa, sour cream, and cheese.
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or for entertaining. The pork can be made ahead of time and reheated, making it great for large gatherings. To save time, you can also purchase pre-shredded pork from your local grocery store.
For a fun twist, try serving these tacos with a side of rice, beans, a simple green salad and some cold beer or wine. Enjoy!
How to store or freeze leftover pulled pork
When it comes to leftovers, these tacos are just as good the next day. In fact, the flavors might even be better! Just store the pork mixture and toppings separately from the tortillas, and reheat everything when you’re ready to eat.
If you have any pulled pork leftover after making tacos, freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw the pork in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
What to serve with pulled pork tacos?
No matter what time of year it is, these tacos are always a hit! Serve them with your favorite sides, and you’ve got a complete meal. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Refried beans
- Pico de gallo
- Chips and salsa
- Fruit salad
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a fun way to entertain friends and family, these pulled pork tacos are sure to please! With their flavorful filling and endless possibilities for toppings, they’re a guaranteed hit!
Similar easy recipe on pork topic
- Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin
- Stuffed Pork Loin Smoker recipe
- How long to bake pork chops at 400
- Old Fashioned Pork Chop Casserole
FAQs about Pulled Pork
Can I put taco seasoning on pulled pork?
Taco seasoning can be a great addition to pulled pork. Just be sure to use a light hand, as the spices in taco seasoning can easily overwhelm the flavor of the pork.
What is the best way to reheat pulled pork?
The best way to reheat pulled pork is in a slow cooker or in the oven. Avoid reheating pulled pork in the microwave, as this can dry out the meat.
How long does pulled pork last in the fridge?
Pulled pork will last for 3-4 days in the fridge. Be sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
What do you put on pulled pork sandwiches?
There are many different things you can put on pulled pork sandwiches. Common toppings include barbeque sauce, coleslaw, and pickles. Get creative and experiment with different toppings to find your perfect sandwich.
What veg goes with pulled pork?
There are many different vegetables that go well with pulled pork. Some good options include corn, green beans, and carrots. Depend your favourite and experiment to find the best combination for you and your family.
How do you moisten pulled pork?
If your pulled pork is dry, you can moisten it with a variety of liquids including chicken broth, beef broth, and even water. Just be sure not to add too much liquid, as this can make the pork mushy.
Street tacos are a popular food choice, and for good reason. They’re tasty, convenient, and affordable. But what about when you want something a little more special? That’s where our pulled pork street tacos come in. These tacos are perfect for a casual weeknight dinner or for feeding a crowd at your next party. So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy some of the best tacos you’ve ever had!