Despite being straightforward and quick to prepare, Creamy Cilantro Dressing is a modest yet savory and appetizing meal. Your chicken or beef will get taste, moisture, and nutrients from the dressing, and your house will be pleasingly cheered. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
What is El Pollo Loco?
Spanish for “The Crazy Chicken”, El Pollo Loco refers to two separate restaurant franchises owned by two different corporations: El Pollo Loco, Inc. in the United States and El Pollo Loco, S.A. de C.V. in Mexico. Juan Francisco Ochoa started both businesses, which both specialize in grilled chicken prepared in the Mexican way. In Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico, Ochoa opened the first El Pollo Loco restaurant in 1974. In 1980, he extended his network into the United States. After selling his American eateries in 1983, Ochoa retained ownership of his Mexican eateries, which became El Pollo Loco, S.A. de C.V. Since then, both businesses have held non-overlapping worldwide regions and provided various fares.
- Mayonnaise: 1 cup
- Whole milk: 1/3 cup
- Fresh cilantro (finely minced): 4 teaspoons
- Lime juice: 2 teaspoons
- White vinegar: 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic (finely minced): 1 teaspoon
- Onion (finely minced): 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper: 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper: 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground cumin: 1/8 teaspoon
Step 1: In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Step 2: Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Use fresh cilantro for the best flavor.
- Don’t blend the dressing for too long or become too thick.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Experiment with different flavors by adding other herbs like basil or thyme.
- Try using ranch dressing instead of mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Use chopped green onions instead of cilantro.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to balance out the acidity of the lime juice.
- Use a food processor for a smoother dressing.
- Make a bigger batch and store it in the fridge later.
- Try using it as a marinade for chicken or fish.
- Use it as a dip for chips or vegetables.
- Double the recipe for a larger crowd.
How to use this Creamy Cilantro
- On your favorite salads.
- As a marinade
- As a dipping sauce- It matches grilled chicken, baked potatoes, Panera bread’s sierra turkey sandwich, naan bread, and any dish from Mexico.
- For a dose of heat, add some jalapenos.
- For a deeper taste, use avocado instead of mayonnaise.
- With a healthy alternative, swap the sour cream for Greek yogurt.
- Instead of cilantro, use fresh parsley or basil for a distinct taste profile.
- For a little heat, add a teaspoon of chili powder.
- With a milder taste, swap the lime juice for white balsamic vinegar.
- For a simpler variation, leave off the garlic.
- For added taste, mix in 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Instead of using lime juice, use rice vinegar for a slightly sweeter flavor.
- Larger batches can be prepared and kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy some tacos, salads, or chicken meals.
- It includes cilantro, a significant source of nutrients including calcium, which helps create bones, and iron, which helps make red blood cells.Additionally, it includes potassium, which the body requires for all cells to operate normally.
- The anti-inflammatory and immunity-boosting properties of the lime and cilantro in this dressing are derived from their high antioxidant content.According to this study, cilantro is effective in battling Salmonella, a digestive tract infection.
- You may improve the texture of your skin by adding lime juice to your dressing.Vitamin C is present, which produces collagen, a protein that firms and shines on the skin.
- Garlic and onions have been associated with anti-cancer advantages.Researchers found that persons who consume these two components together had a lower chance of developing cancer. They are a substantial source of fiber, which aids in bowel movement and lowers cholesterol levels.
FAQs about Pollo Loco Cilantro Dressing
Is this recipe gluten-free?
This dish does contain no gluten. Just be sure you use sour cream and mayonnaise that are free of gluten.
Is this recipe dairy-free?
No, dairy is used in this dish. If you need to avoid dairy, make sure you use dairy-free items.
- Before storing, make sure the dressing has totally cooled.
- Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container.
- Remember that dressing does not keep as well as leftovers.
- For optimal effects, use within 2-3 days.
- If you have any leftover dressing, it may be frozen.
- Simply defrost and use as needed.
- The dressing can also be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
This Pollo Loco Cilantro dressing is a delicious and easy way to jazz up your chicken salad. It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal, and it’s sure to please any palate. Liliana Kitchen hopes you enjoyed this recipe. If you have any questions about the recipe or would like to share your own version, please leave a comment below. Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back soon for more recipes and cooking tips!