Patty Melt is a classic American diner dish that is made with a ground beef patty and melted cheese. It can be served on a toasted bun with a tomato-based secret sauce. This recipe features a simple and easy to follow recipe that will let you make your own secret sauce.
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup Secret Sauce
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 3 medium Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
3. Spread mixture evenly on 12 slices of sourdough bread.
4. Top with onions, cheese, and butter.
5. Place remaining sourdough bread on top.
6. Cut into 4 equal pieces.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
8. Serve hot.