Do you love sweet potatoes? Then you’re going to love this mashed sweet potatoes recipe! Mashed sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish for any occasion! This easy recipe is simple to follow and yields delicious, fluffy results.
In addition, sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients and vitamins that your body needs. So next time you’re looking for a tasty side dish, give this mashed sweet potato recipe a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Why These Stovetop Mashed Sweet Potatoes Couldn’t Be Easier?
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be easily made on the stovetop. All you need is a large pot and a few simple ingredients. Additionally, mashed sweet potatoes can be easily customized to your liking.
For example, you can add in shredded cheese, green onions, or even bacon bits! The key to perfect mashed sweet potatoes is to use a potato masher or an immersion blender. This will ensure that your potatoes are nice and smooth.
3 Keys To Superior Mashed Sweet Potatoes
There are 3 key tips that will help you make the best mashed sweet potatoes ever.
- First, it’s important to use fresh, organic sweet potatoes. This will ensure that your potatoes are flavorful and nutritious.
- Second, you’ll want to make sure that you don’t overcook your potatoes. Boil them until they are fork-tender, but no more.
- Finally, be sure to use a potato masher or an immersion blender to get those potatoes nice and smooth.
How To Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes?
This recipe is so easy to follow! Simply start by boiling your potatoes in a large pot of water.
Once they are fork-tender, drain them and add them back into the pot. Then, add in your butter, milk, and spices. Use a potato masher or an immersion blender to mash the potatoes until they are smooth.
That’s it! You’ve just made a delicious batch of mashed sweet potatoes. Serve them immediately with your favorite toppings and have a great time with them!
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and add them back to the pot.
- Add in the milk, butter, salt, and pepper. Use a potato masher or an immersion blender to mash the potatoes until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
- For a lighter mashed sweet potato, you can use almond milk or coconut milk in place of dairy milk.
- If you want to add some extra flavor to your mashed sweet potatoes, try adding in shredded cheese, green onions, or even bacon bits!
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 410 mg
- Potassium: 340 mg
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Vitamin A: 270 IU
- Vitamin C: 3.8 mg
- Calcium: 40 mg
- Iron: 0.6 mg
>> You can take a reference from this tutorial video here to understand the step of making dish:
Easy Similar Recipes
Tips From Liliana Kitchen
- When boiling sweet potatoes, be sure not to overcook them. Boil them until they are fork-tender, but no more.
- The key to perfect mashed sweet potatoes is to use a potato masher or an immersion blender. This will ensure that your potatoes are nice and smooth.
- This recipe yields 4-6 servings.
FAQs For Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Do I peel sweet potatoes before boiling?
For this recipe, you will need to peel the sweet potatoes before boiling them. This will ensure that your mashed potatoes are nice and smooth.
Can I make mashed sweet potatoes ahead of time?
Yes! This potato dish can be made up to 2 days in advance. Simply store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
What can I serve with mashed sweet potatoes?
Mashed sweet potatoes are a great side dish for any meal. Serve them alongside your favorite protein and vegetables for a complete meal. Additionally, they can be served as a holiday side dish.
How do I store leftovers?
Leftover mashed potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Are mashed sweet potatoes healthier than regular mashed potatoes?
Yes! Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients like fiber, Vitamin A, and potassium. They are also lower in calories and carbohydrates than regular potatoes.
How long do you boil a sweet potato for?
You will need to boil sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until they are fork-tender. Be sure not to overcook them!
How do I make mashed sweet potatoes without milk?
If you are looking for a dairy-free option, you can use almond milk or coconut milk in place of dairy milk. You can also use water, but the potatoes will not be as creamy.
Is it better to boil sweet potatoes or bake sweet potatoes?
It really depends on what you are looking for. If you want to make mashed sweet potatoes, boiling them will be the best option. However, if you want to make roasted sweet potatoes, baking them will be the better option.
Making mashed sweet potatoes is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. Be sure to boil the sweet potatoes until they are fork-tender and use a potato masher or an immersion blender for smooth, creamy potatoes.
Serve immediately with your favorite toppings and there you have it! These are all my tips and tricks for making the best mashed sweet potatoes ever. I hope you enjoy this recipe! For more interesting and amazing future content ahead, be sure to follow us at Lilianakitchen.com so that you do not miss any of them!