Welcome to Key Sir Alicha Ethiopian Beets and Potatoes Recipe! This blog is all about providing delicious and healthy recipes that will help you to live a healthier life.
One of the most popular meals in Ethiopia is beets and potatoes. The combination of these two ingredients is delicious and nutritious. Beets are a great source of vitamins C and A, as well as manganese and potassium. They are also a good source of fiber, vitamin B6, and folate. Potatoes are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. They are also a good source of fiber, vitamin B1, and vitamin B6. Together, these ingredients make for a delicious and nutritious meal.
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy meal that will help you to live a healthier life, then you should try Key Sir Alicha Ethiopian Beets and Potatoes Recipe. Thanks for visiting!
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided, or as needed
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 large beets, diced
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- 4 large potatoes, diced
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat; add onion and a pinch of salt. It's take around 5 to 10 minutes for cook and stir onion until softened and translucent. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Continue to add beets and stir to combine. Pour water over beet mixture and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
3. Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until beets are easily pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes. Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes until potatoes are soft but not falling apart.