If you’ve never heard of Hasselback salami, you’re in for a treat. This delicious meat is thinly sliced and then baked in the oven, resulting in a wonderfully crispy texture. Not only is Hasselback salami incredibly tasty, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make at home. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy this classic dish, be sure to check out this recipe. You won’t regret it!
- 14 to 16 ounce Salami
- ½ cup Apricot jam
- ½ tablespoon Hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ / 200℃.
- Put two chopsticks on either side of the salami (with plastic removed).
- Make thin, 1/8-inch-wide slices. The chopsticks should prevent the knife from cutting all the way through the salami.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apricot jam, hot sauce, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Serve with salami. Make certain it gets between the cracks.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until it appears crispy enough to your liking.
- Remove from the oven every 15 minutes and spoon some of the sauce over the salami. This helps to keep it juicy.
- Serve with mustard.
- In a specific location, you'll see the salami start to turn and break open. Split the salami open in many places before basting so that it will color uniformly rather than just in one spot.
Bring the front and back ends of the salami together and secure them with two wooden toothpicks for a truly entertaining twist (no pun intended). This is finished prior to baking. Take off the toothpicks once it has cooled and been taken out of the oven to reveal a wonderfully unique floral shape!
>> More recipes:
Liliana Kitchen hopes this recipe gave you some ideas for your next party! The Hasselback salami is a show-stopping appetizer that will have your guests talking. And it’s easy to make – just follow the simple steps in the recipe below. What are you waiting for? Get cooking!