Chilaquilas Guatemaltecas are a popular dish in Central America, and they are especially popular in Guatemala. The tortillas chips are then cooked in a hot skillet until they are crispy and golden brown. The sauce is made from a variety of ingredients, including tomatoes, onions, and chiles. If you are looking for a delicious and easy meal, try out chilaquiles guatemaltecas today!
- 1 large tomato, quartered
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package queso fresco, cut into chunks
- 12 thick corn tortillas
- 2 eggs, separated
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, red onion, queso fresco, and tortillas.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites and yolks.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the salsa mixture and mix well.
5. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add the chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs are set.
8. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs are set.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
10. Garnish with the cilantro and sour cream. Serve with the guacamole.
The addition of Guatemalan flavors makes it unique and special. The tortillas are cut into strips and then topped with cheese and cream, making them crispy and cheesy. The soup is made with chicken broth, tomatoes, and spices, and then simmered until it’s nice and thick. Finally, it’s all topped off with avocado, lime juice, and cilantro leaves. This dish is sure to be a hit at your next party or potluck!