Do you love prime rib but dread the hassle of having to roast it in the oven? Well, have I got a recipe for you! My blackened prime rib is easy to make and tastes amazing. Plus, it’s perfect for special occasions. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed.
- 6 pounds prime rib roast, bone in
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt (I like to use either Sea Salt or Kosher)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Cajun-style blackened seasoning
- 2 cups water (if any)
1) Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine brown sugar, cumin, black pepper, coriander, chili powder and salt in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
2) Place prime rib on a rack in a roasting pan. Rub the spice mixture all over the roast. Pour soy sauce over the roast. You can pour water into the pan to produce moist heat if needed.
3) Cover the pan tightly with foil and place in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325°F and continue roasting for about 1½ hours, or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 145°F (68 degrees).
4) Remove the roast from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes before carving. Serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
>>> Related post:
FAQs about prime rib
How do you make prime rib tender?
There are a few ways to make prime rib tender. One way is to cook it at a lower temperature so that the meat does not get tough. Another way is to marinate the meat before cooking it. This will help to tenderize the meat and make it more flavorful. Finally, you can cut the prime rib into smaller pieces so that it cooks faster and is more tender.
How do you blacken prime rib?
To blacken prime rib, you will need to cook it at a higher temperature than usual. This will cause the meat to char and turn black. You can also use a special blackening seasoning on the meat before cooking it. This will give the prime rib a more intense flavor.
How long does it take to cook prime rib?
It usually takes about 1-2 hours to cook prime rib, depending on the size of the meat. If you are cooking a smaller piece of meat, it will take less time. If you are cooking a larger piece of meat, it will take longer.
What should I season my prime rib with?
There are many different seasonings that you can use on prime rib. Some common ones include salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary. You can also use a special blackening seasoning if you want to give the meat a more intense flavor.
Can I cook prime rib in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can cook prime rib in a slow cooker. This is a great way to cook the meat if you want it to be more tender. The slow cooker will help to keep the meat moist and prevent it from drying out.
Can I cook prime rib in an oven?
Yes, you can cook prime rib in an oven. This is the most common way to cook the meat. You will need to cook it at a lower temperature so that the meat does not get tough.
What’s the best temperature to cook a prime rib?
The best temperature to cook a prime rib is between 325 and 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that the meat is cooked through but still juicy and tender.
Do you cook prime rib covered or uncovered?
It is best to cook prime rib uncovered so that the meat can brown and get a crispy crust. If you cover the meat, it will not brown as nicely.
How do I know when my prime rib is done?
You will know that your prime rib is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the meat.
Which is better prime rib or filet mignon?
It depends on what you are looking for. Prime rib is a higher quality meat that is more expensive. Filet mignon is a smaller cut of meat that is less expensive. If you are looking for something tender and juicy, prime rib is the better choice. If you are looking for something less expensive, filet mignon is the better choice.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for blackened prime rib. This dish is perfect for a special occasion or when you want to impress your guests. The spices give the meat a delicious flavor that is sure to please everyone at the table. Thanks for reading, and be sure to check out some of our other recipes.