Bill Miller’s Green Bean is a holiday dish in many households. This is simple to make and can be easily tailored to your liking. This casserole is a great way to use up leftover green beans, and it’s a dish that the whole family will love.
The key to this dish is to cook the green beans until they are tender, but not mushy. You want them to retain some of their texture and shape. This can be easily achieved by boiling the green beans for just two minutes before adding them to the casserole.
Another tip is to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese in the topping. This will give the casserole a nice cheesy flavor without being overwhelming. If you are short on time, you can also use canned green beans in this recipe. Just be sure to drain them well before adding them to the casserole.
This dish can be served as a side or a main course. If you are serving it as a main, you may want to add some cooked chicken or turkey to the casserole. This will make it a complete meal that is sure to please everyone at the table. This casserole can be made ahead of time and reheated, making it perfect for busy families.
Why Should You Try Bill Miller Green Beans?
Bill Miller’s Green Beans is a simple but delicious dish that can be quickly and easily prepared. It is an excellent way to use up leftover green beans, so there’s no waste. The cheesy topping adds flavor and texture to this already tasty dish. Plus, it can be served as a side or main course and is sure to please everyone at the table.
- 2 cups Green bean
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 cups Sliced bacon
- 1 Onion
- 4-5 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Black pepper
- 2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Slice the green beans into 1-inch-long pieces.
- Add salt and a teaspoon of olive oil to the green beans. Drain the water after cooking it for 5 minutes on your pan.
- Put 3 cups of water, tomatoes, onions, and garlic in a pot; bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the garlic is tender, then drain.
- Wash the bacon and chop it into little pieces.
- Mix the tomatoes, onion slices, and green beans in a bowl. Add the bacon, garlic, pepper, and additional ingredients now as desired.
- Combine everything in a pot and cook over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, or until the green beans are mushy. Along with some warm bread, serve it.
- It is always better to have some aroma of green beans than just plain green beans. You can use chicken broth, wine, diced ham, and caraway seeds to give it real flavor.
- If there is not enough pepper in your recipe, you may add black pepper to your taste. If it’s too salty, try adding lemon juice or vinegar to remove excess saltiness from the recipe.
If you’re looking to spice up the dish, try adding some cooked bacon pieces or fried onions to the top of the casserole. You could also add diced bell peppers for extra color and flavor. For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon and replace it with mushrooms or zucchini. And if you like your green beans on the spicier side, try topping the casserole with some crushed red pepper flakes.
This dish can also be easily adapted for various diets. For a vegan-friendly version, omit the Parmesan cheese and replace it with nutritional yeast. Or if you need to make it gluten-free, use a gluten-free breadcrumb mix in the topping.
Bill Miller’s Green Beans is a great dish for anyone looking for something nutritious and delicious. One serving (1/4 of the recipe) contains approximately 155 calories, 6g of fat, 20g of carbohydrates, and 7g of protein. This dish also provides plenty of fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin A.
Here is a video how to make this
How To Store Bill Miller Green Bean?
This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, place the casserole in the oven at 350°F until it is heated through, about 20 minutes.
More Similar Bean Recipes:
FAQs about Bill Miller’s Green Bean
Bill Miller’s Green Bean is a great addition to any meal.
-The green bean is an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
-Green beans are low in calories and a good source of protein.
-They can be cooked in many different ways.
In short, Liliana Kitchen hopes you enjoy Bill Miller’s Green Beans as much as we do! Thanks for reading, and be sure to check back soon for more recipes and cooking tips!